Privacy Statement Bleckmann
Privacy is a top priority at Bleckmann. Therefore, in this privacy statement Bleckmann would like to describe the practices that apply when processing personal information, which enables the provision of transport and logistics services.
Bleckmann B.V, with its headquarter at Eekboerstraat 25, 7575 AV in Oldenzaal, also on behalf of the entities of the group (jointly Bleckmann), is responsible for the processing of personal data as shown in this privacy statement.
Contact details of the responsible person within Bleckmann:
Bleckmann Nederland B.V.
For questions and comments regarding privacy within Bleckmann, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31 (0)541 581 000
Personal Data processed by Bleckmann
Personal data consists of all information about personal or factual characteristics that can identify a natural person. Examples include a name, address, telephone number and date of birth.
Bleckmann processes your personal data for the performance of our transport and/or logistics services or because you provide them to us yourself. In most cases we receive personal data to provide services for a client in the field of transport or logistics. When you use our services, we will treat your personal data with care and only use it for the purpose for which it was collected. Below you will find an overview of the personal data that Bleckmann can process to perform its services:
- Shipping information (such as shipping related information regarding; name, physical address, email address and telephone number, receipts, and shipment number).
- Information from individuals and business contacts (such as name, company name, physical address, email address, telephone number or fax number).
- Account gegevens (inclusief IP-adres) om toegang te krijgen tot gedeeltes van de website van Bleckmann, onder andere, maar niet beperkt tot, MyBleckmann.
- Name, company name, telephone number, email address when contacting via www.bleckmann.com/contact/
- Details for shipments that require transit or destination authorities for customs, tax, and security checks. This is required by law in the country and includes: (Name and address of shipper and recipient, description of goods, quantity, weight and value of the shipment.)
Purposes for which Bleckmann processes personal data
Bleckmann collects and processes personal data, mainly obtained from clients, for the purpose of providing logistics and transport services and optimizing its business operations. The personal data is used for transport and logistics services such as:
- Shipment collection, delivery and tracking.
- Providing products and services that are performed at the request of customers (such as logistics services, supply chain management, multimodal transport and customs clearance).
- To provide customer service and to answer, respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and concerns.
- Create and manage your Bleckmann account (including online account on MyBleckmann.com).
- Process and collect payments.
- Processing claims related to our services.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; communications; effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analyzing and improving our products, services and websites; and conducting accounting, auditing and billing).
- Marketing and customer contact maintenance.
- Evaluate and improve our operations (including developing new services, managing communications, measuring effectiveness, ensuring the security of our information systems and networks, accounting, auditing, billing activities).
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities.
- Comply with current laws, regulations and our policies.
No automated decision making
Bleckmann does not make decisions based on automated processing on matters that can have (significant) consequences for people. These are decisions that are taken by computer programs or systems, without a human being involved.
How long Bleckmann keeps personal data
Bleckmann does not store your personal data for longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data is collected and/or necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations. These goals are the execution of transport and logistics services and the execution of agreements made with our clients. When data is no longer needed for the stated purposes, it will be deleted, unless legal or practical obstacles prevent this. If this is the case, the data will be blocked.
Sharing of personal data with third parties by Bleckmann
Bleckmann does not sell or otherwise share personal information about you except as described in this privacy statement. Bleckmann shares your personal data with various third parties if this is necessary for the execution of the agreement and to comply with any legal obligation. You can think of carriers, logistics service providers and support services related to ICT services. We conclude a data processing agreement with companies that process your data on our behalf to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data.
To perform our logistics and transportation services, Bleckmann shares shipping information with third parties such as; carriers, consignees and third parties who provide services at our request and instructions. These parties are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to provide services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
Your personal data will not be shared outside the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or countries approved by the European Commission (EC).
Cookies, or similar techniques, that are utilized by Bleckmann
Cookies are also placed on this website by third parties. These are, for example, advertisers and/or social media companies. Below is an overview: [ For example: Cookie: Google Analytics Name: _utma Function: Analytical cookie that measures website visits – Retention period: 2 years ]
Right to view, modify or delete data
Bleckmann guarantees in all reasonableness the rights of data subjects who entrust Bleckmann with their personal data, obtained for the performance of transport and/or logistics services. You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by Bleckmann and you have the right to data portability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send the personal data we have about you in a computer file to you or another organization mentioned by you. You can submit a request for access, correction, deletion, data transfer of your personal data or request for withdrawal of your consent or objection to the processing of your personal data on this page under the ‘CONTACT US’ button. If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but within four weeks. Bleckmann would also like to point out that you have the opportunity to file a complaint with the national supervisory authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. You can do this via the following link: autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons
How Bleckmann protects personal data
Bleckmann takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access. For example, your data is stored in a secure working environment and cannot be accessed by unauthorized persons. Our web services are also equipped with SSL technology and are therefore sent encrypted. If you have the impression that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of misuse, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Dynamic Privacy Statement
Bleckmann will adjust its privacy statement if changes occur. We therefore advise you to read the privacy statement when you use our services or visit bleckmann.com.